Love is a beautiful thing and anyone who finds a partner to share it with is blessed. But a situation where the love start waxing cold rather strong and lead to break up, what do you do next? This is the reason I am writing on this topic how to get over your ex.
This question has plagued the mind of young and even old lovers to look for answers to that really solves this problem. But due to too many conflicting advice on the internet, some are confused and still do not know what to do.
In getting over your ex, there are things that you can consciously do to help you forget faster than when you leave it to time. There is a saying that goes “time heals all wounds.” Well, that may be true but only to an extent, there are some wounds that never heal no matter how long you let it linger in your heart without consciously doing something about. So if you have been moving on the road of this saying, then its time you take a new turn because in this article lies the answer that you need.
How To Stop Thinking About Your Ex
1. Stay Away: The first law to forgetting about anything is to stay away from that thing. The same thing applies to your ex. If stay away from him/her long enough, terminating all forms of contact or anything that would remind you of her is the first sure antidote for this problem.
2. Get rid of All Reminders: in the course of a relationship, there is bound to be gifts and all other fun things you both share that bring good memories or bad memories. If you have any of the gifts he or she bought for you in your possession, this is the time to get rid of it. If you stop seeing the things that remind you of him or her, then you will be making great progress in forgetting them.
3. Have a Positive List: this is another great thing that most people fail to realize after breaking up with someone they loved. If you find yourself always thinking about the hurtful things you experienced from your ex, you will find it a lot more difficult to forget. This is how it works, when you have a good experience, in few days’ time, you are likely to forget about that thing, but when you have a bad experience the feeling of such experience tends to linger in your mind for a very long time. I might not have all the psychological explanation to this but that is how it works. If you want t forget about your ex, one of the things you need to do is to create a list of all the good and nice stuff you both shared. Just like you forget good stuff, in no time, those memories will start fading away and you will feel better again.
4. Write A Letter: this technique has worked for a lot of people even me. My first girlfriend was like a pain in my ass. After we broke up, I had a terrible experience trying to forget her after doing and trying out so many techniques, none of them seemed to work until I used this technique. I wrote a letter addressing it to her. In that letter I poured out all what I felt in no particular order, but I made sure nothing was left out. After all my moody writing session, I took the paper shredded it and flushed it down the drain. It was like addressing her face to face. That really helped me get over her. You should try it too.
5. Adopt a new Hobby: if it takes you just to abandon some of your former hobbies just ton forget him/her, then go ahead and do it, it will be worth it at the end of the day. Take up new activities that will help you get your mind on that particular thing you are doing at that time. Such as jogging, running, take a singing class; go for martial training, anything at all but at least not what you both did together.
I’m sure you feel better in no time if you do these things rightly. These are some of the best techniques you can think of on how to get over your ex. Exhaust all the options you have here a better result. I am sure you will be glad you did. Have fun practicing